QUICK & EASY // VEGAN TACO SALAD BOWLS
VeganMofo day 3’s prompt:
Quick, easy, and delicious.
Tacos are one of my favorite things to make because it’s easy, fast, and yummy! To make it even easier and quicker, I have turned it in a vegan taco salad bowl! I usually have most of the ingredients on hand in the pantry or fridge and it doesn’t involve a lot of cooking so it’s a great meal for a hot day or evening too.
I separated some of the items out in the photos so you can see them better (bowls can be a little tricky to photograph sometimes and show all the ingredients) but usually I combine all these items in a bowl or a big plate. I also usually have black beans in this bowl but unfortunately I forgot to pick some up at Trader Joe’s today so I had to go without. But I did list them in the ingredients so you don’t do what I did and forget to get a can before leaving the store!
Tools you will need: a 10-12″ frying pan and a small pot
- 4 cups or big handfuls of your choice of lettuce
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 small red onion, diced
- 1 package of meatless grounds (12 oz)
- 1/2 cup of frozen corn (or more if you'd like!)
- 1 can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 tsp oil for cooking
- 2-3 tsp of taco seasoning (or more if you'd like)
- tortilla chips
- guacamole or 2 ripe avocados
- vegan cheddar cheese shreds (optional)
- vegan sour cream (optional)
- garlic, chopped (optional- to cook with meatless grounds)
- Place both the frying pan and small pot over medium heat.
- In the small pot, add the beans and corn, stir to mix the two and allow to cook until beans and corn are heated through. Make sure to check and stir this occasionally as you cook the meatless grounds simultaneously.
- In the frying pan, add the oil and let it warm up. If using garlic, add it now to the warm oil. Stir and cook until garlic edges begin to turn golden brown.
- Add the meatless grounds and stir. Add 2-3 tsp of water and continue to stir and cook for a minute. Add the taco seasoning, stir and mix well with the meatless grounds. Cook for another 1-2 minutes until meatless grounds are heated through. Remove from heat. To this pan add the bean and corn mixture, stir to mix.
- Assemble the bowls--all ingredients will be evenly divided between the 4 bowls. Layer in the following order from bottom to top: lettuce, tomatoes, taco meatless grounds/bean/corn mixture.
- Top with a few spoonfuls of salsa, guacamole (or serve each bowl with half of a fresh avocado), sour cream (if using), and cheese shreds (if using).
- Crumple up some chips and sprinkle on top of bowl.
- Serve the bowl with extra chips on the side.
This entry was posted in Bowls
and tagged vegan mofo
. Bookmark the permalink